New York – 200-AMP Electrical Panel Upgrade And Repair Service
Have you just been told your home’s electrical panel is no longer efficient for your electricity needs? If so, now is the perfect time to start considering an upgrade. Unfortunately, a small alteration, such as a circuit breaker add-on, will not work this time around.
Maybe, your electrical panel does not have an empty slot for a circuit breaker add-on. Or, maybe, it can no longer keep up with your home’s electricity usage and needs. Whatever the case may be, now is the perfect time to start preparing for a full 200 amp service panel upgrade.
When Is It Time To Upgrade A 200-AMP Electrical Panel?
There are basically two primary reasons why an electrical panel would need to be upgraded.
- The electrical panel is no longer capable of serving your household electricity needs and preferences.
- The electrical panel is no longer deemed safe because of frequent circuit breaker tripping, power surges, and/or power outages.
Our 200 amp panel installation is accessible to all New York residents. We serve the entire state and the five boroughs, counties, and cities in the State of New York. Our goal has always been to make our 200-amp electrical upgrade service accessible to every New Yorker.
What Does A 200 AMP Electrical Panel Upgrade Service Entail?
If you are not familiar with your home’s electrical panel, you should take the time to do so. It is crucial; every homeowner knows their home’s electrical system’s ins and outs, including the electrical panel.
H&A NYC Electrician packs several small and large tasks into its 200-amp panel upgrade service. These include the following:
- A permit for the 200-amp panel upgrade
- Removal of the existing electrical panel, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses, and other components
- Equipment for the 200-amp electrical panel Upgrade
- Installation of a new electrical panel, wiring, circuit breakers, conduit pipes, and weather head
- Disconnection of the main power line with the help of your electricity service provider. We will work with Con Edison to coordinate this process.
Other Reasons To Upgrade A Residential Electrical Panel?
- When the electrical panel is determined to be an FPS Stab-Lok
- When circuit breakers are deemed dangerous
- When the main circuit breaker does not completely shut power off inside the home
- When there is no room for another circuit breaker (for add-ons)
- When the electrical panel no longer meets the local building codes
200-AMP Electrical Panel Upgrade Service Cost
Electrical panel upgrade costs vary from one home to another. The price will depend on the number of circuit breakers needed to meet the household electricity needs and preferences. The home (multi-stories cost more), materials, labor, building permit, and location.
All of these aforementioned factors will have an impact on the final bill.
To schedule your free in-home inspection and quote, contact our New York office. H&A NYC Electrician is here to serve you. We offer a broad range of electrical services, including:
- Outlet and light switch add-ons
- Hard-wired installation
- Electrical panel installation
- Electrical panel repair
- Outdated outlet and switch replacement
- New installation